Bee Your Own Brewer: Learn How To Make Healing Herbal Honey Wine
with Malcolm Saunders
Date: December 9, 2023
Time: 1 - 3 pm
Cost: $85 per person
Located at Early Dawn Farm
We've all heard the saying, "Homemade is best," but have you ever thought of applying that adage to your beverages? Forget the mass-produced, off-the-shelf liquors and beers. Welcome to a workshop that takes you back to the roots—quite literally—of alcohol-making, offering an extraordinary journey into the ancient art of fermentation.
Join us at Early Dawn Farm, where our mission is always about connecting people with the land, the soil, and the intricate web of nature. In collaboration with Malcolm Saunders, we are thrilled to dive into the world of herbal honey wine—also known as mead.
What You Will Learn
- The Time-Honored Tradition: Take a whirlwind tour through the cultural and historical importance of alcohol fermentation, a practice as old as civilization itself.
-Healing Libations: Understand the medicinal properties of alcohol when combined with superfoods, herbs, and spices. Yes, a sip can be good for you!
-Mead and More: Become an adept brewer as you uncover the secrets behind creating your personalized mead, infused with the herbs and spices of your choosing.
Recipes & Techniques Covered:
- Classic Mead: And variations like melo-mel, metheglin, and cyser.
- Flavor Spectrum: Learn how to brew meads that are sweet, dry, or balanced in between.
- Alcohol Percentages: Gain the skill to control the strength of your brew.
- Yeast Variations: Fermentation methods using both store-bought and wild yeast.
- Herbal Mixes: Experiment with single-herb recipes or exciting combinations like Labrador tea, Elderflower, and Whole-Hive.
Space is limited and offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Reserve your place by completing the registration via e-transfer to email@example.com.
THIS WORKSHOP IS NON-REFUNDABLE
We look forward to sharing this experience with you, as we venture into this ancient practice armed with modern understanding, fostering a community rooted in health, well-being, and good old-fashioned enjoyment.